Tuesday 6 October 2009

The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell

I'm not a fan of mind-maps and after completing this project I'm even more certain that mind-maps do not work for me. I think I have my own form of mind-map but it looks nothing like this!
The book, however, was interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the first couple of chapters but struggled with the rest of it as it was incredibly repetitive. A lot of the points that were made, I felt, were quite obvious but until you thought about things the way that Malcolm Gladwell did you didn't realise you knew them. His casual manner made the book easy to read but the repetition was just too much for me. I was horrified by the last Case Study about suicides in Micronesia and the similar problems with teenage smoking in the west. It made me really angry to think that something as pathetic as peer pressure could be so horrifically influential on so many lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment