Thursday 28 October 2010

Dissertation Beginnings



Having a meeting during the reading week proved difficult, however, the dissertation workshop gave us ample opportunity to share ideas and thoughts.

My previous studio project, The Narrative Project, helped me to identify some interests which I may want to take further. I chose to look at OCD, a mental disorder which causes people to experience intrusive obsessive thoughts and compulsive tendencies. I chose to make a therapeutic piece which played with the ideas of order, disorder and ritual. I really enjoyed this topic and want to take it further but perhaps branching off into other mental illnesses. I'm planning to try to get to grips with a little psychology in order to get my head around it all.

Here is my initial mindmap which I hope to add to as I discover more.


No comments:

Post a Comment