Sunday 19 September 2010

My Obsessive Compulsive Brief


Our first brief for 3rd year is to design a narrative brooch. We were given a list of possible topics which we could choose from if we wanted to. I found having a list of topics helped me to think faster and probably deeper than usual. I initially chose to base my design on superstitions, thinking of charms and thinking back to the myths and legends associated with certain stones from our stone setting brief last year. I developed a mind map which eventually led me down an unexpected path.
I started thinking about superstitious rituals and in turn, obsessive compulsive disorder. I've been looking at common repetitive, counting behaviour. My aim is to somehow describe, in a narrative form, the way someone suffering from this problem tries to cope and to perhaps design an almost therapeutic piece of jewellery.

No comments:

Post a Comment